From GOLF Magazine (November, 2012)
Price: $119, steel
Cleveland’s Rotex (RTX) face showcases three technologies designed to boost spin in various playing conditions. First, Tour Zip U-grooves are 16 percent larger (by volume) than those in the existing 588 series wedges. Second, rougher, more durable laser-milled micro grooves on the surface of the face increase friction against the ball. Third, the Rotex milling process—which forms semicircular, downward-oriented marks—creates additional roughness on the face for maximum spin on short scoring shots. In fact, the mill marks are oriented perpendicular to the ball moving up the face on open-face shots. Lastly, the cavity back (CB) design spreads additional weight to the perimeter for more forgiveness on slight mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Long Road Ahead For Sergio
- How To Survive The Anchoring Ban
- Is Anchor Ban The Right Move?
- McDowell's Keys Off The Tee
- Dave Pelz: Make More 20-Footers
- How Tiger Got His Grip Back
- Las Vegas Replica Courses
- How To Get Bubba-Long
- Putters, Wedges Roundtable
- Top One-Stop Golfing in Vegas
- Does Tiger Have a Rival?
- Power Through Tall Grass